Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
There are serious health consequences to being exposed to biological and chemical contaminants. If the contaminants are not removed from your Atlanta, GA property quickly, it can be hazardous to anybody on the property. At SERVPRO of North Atlanta/Buckhead, our team is trained to remove and dispose of biohazard materials according to the guidelines set forth by OSHA and health regulators. Biohazard services include sewage backups, bloodborne pathogens, illegal drug manufacturers, and more. If you need sewage or biohazardous materials removed from your property, SERVPRO of North Atlanta/Buckhead can transform these unhealthy environments back into clean and safe homes or offices.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (404) 261-2925
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of North Atlanta / Buckhead has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Sandy Springs
- Buckhead Village
- Peachtree Hills
- Virginia Highlands
- Chastain Park
- Paces Ferry
- Tuxedo Park
- Peachtree Battle
- Ridgeview Park